Wednesday, 08 December 2010 13:36
You know what’s even worse than spotting someone wearing the exact same boots you’ve been coveting? When you find out that they got them for, “like, $2 at Goodwill.” How do so many girls find such great things? Here’s what we suggest.
By Allysar Hassan
1. Eat, drink and be merry. You may be wondering what this has to do with shopping, but shopping when hungry will only lead to being hangry (hungry+angry).
2. Have a plan and keep it simple. Start out with a plan of exactly what you are looking for. Compile an organized list so when you walk into the store you know exactly what you’re there to find. Chances are, in your search you’ll stumble across something else that you love.
3. Be patient. Sometimes shopping takes work! Start at one rack and slowly move from there to the next. Don’t be afraid to dig; some of our favorite treasures were hidden, just waiting to be discovered.
4. Shop with friends. The more, the merrier. When you’re there with your friends, you are going to have more fun, and probably be encouraged to branch out from what you always wear. They can also steer you in the right direction if those pants are just a little too “fashion-forward.”
5. Be creative. There are endless possibilities and history waiting to be found. Get out of your fashion box and try on something that you wouldn’t normally wear. You could be the one to start a new trend.
Allysar's tips might help you through our Holiday Social Calendar on a budget!